Sunday, September 16, 2012

God sees the little sparrow...

I remember Mom singing to me when I was little the following song:
 
God sees the little sparrow fall,
It meets His tender view;
If God so loves the little birds,
I know He loves me, too.

He loves me, too, He loves me, too,
I know He loves me, too;
Because He loves the little things,
I know He loves me, too.

He paints the lily of the field,
Perfumes each lily bell;
If He so loves the little flow’rs,
I know He loves me well.

God made the little birds and flow’rs,
And all things large and small;
He’ll not forget his little ones,
I know He loves them all.

Today, Pastor Soler and some of his academy boys knocked at the girls' dorm. "Miss Rebekah," Pastor Soler began as I opened the door, "would you like a baby bunny?" There in his hands was the sweetest little brown bunny! He and the boys had found it while they were working and they brought it to the girls for care. The poor thing was so weak it hardly seemed to care what was happening to it. The dean and I tried to figure out what to do for it, knowing we couldn't keep it in the dorm. There was no way we could give it the time, care, and attention it would need, besides the rule of no animals in the dorm (except fish). After finally getting half a drop of soymilk down its throat (the best thing I had available for it), Abby (the dean) and I took it over to the office to see if we could find someone to adopt the poor thing. I'm so glad that our God cares for the little creatures! My friend Beth was in the office, and as soon as she saw the bunny lying on its side, looking like it was about to die right there and then, she almost cried. "I want him!" she exclaimed, gently taking the box from my hands. "I know my mom will help, too." 

About an hour later, Beth texted me to say the bunny had taken more milk and was doing much better. Yes, God doesn't forget His little ones, and "because He loves the little things, I know He loves me, too!"

3 comments: