Our Father is still faithful, and our Savior is still sufficient! Furthermore, we're getting closer to Jesus' return and the end of this sinful world. But as we approach the climax, we need to expect the unexpected, the "curve balls."
It’s gotten harder to put things into words. After the first round of radiation last August/September, my brain doesn’t work as quickly or as well as it used to. But we’re trying to get used to it.
My follow-up scan in December showed a decent overall shrinkage of the tumors in the brain. But by March’s scan, several tumors had started to grow again. Curve ball! Last time we did whole brain radiation, but the brain can’t take that more than once. This time I did targeted radiation, where the doctors use pinpoint radiation to minimize the negative effects on the surrounding brain tissue. Now we have to wait for my next scan to see what the results are.
In the meantime, my medical oncologist has changed my treatment plan. I’m no longer on the hormone suppressants, and have started a new oral chemo pill. Because the cancer has now spread to my brain, our conventional options have significantly narrowed. But God’s options haven’t!
Please pray for us to have wisdom and courage going forward. Most especially please pray for an Indian couple my mom and I have befriended who are not Christian (I think they’re Hindu), but have told us they will be praying to their gods for my healing. I don’t want the devil to get any glory, and I want them to see the power of the Most High God. I want them in heaven! This "curve ball" of a witnessing opportunity is definitely stretching my faith, because I've seen God and Satan fight before and it was intense! I expect it will be intense this time, too.
These two songs have been running through my mind a lot lately: Goodness of God and My Story. God bless you!
We are still praying for you at Gateway SDA Church Rebekah. Love ya girl . Debbie
ReplyDelete