Wednesday, May 16, 2012

The Lost

The Lost haunt me.
Their faces fill my dreams.
I cannot sleep.
Empty faces, crying faces, frightened faces –
They make me weep.
The Lost haunt me.


The Lost haunt me.
Their voices fill my night.
My ears ring.
Terror, anger, a child's anguished cry –
How can I sing?
The Lost haunt me.

The Lost haunt me.
Their eyes burn into mine.
My heart aches.
Angry eyes, hurt eyes, wicked eyes, tearful, fearful eyes –
My heart breaks.
The Lost haunt me.




The Lost haunt me.
I cannot forget them.
I must tell them of Jesus.
The Savior of the world, our soon-coming King,
The One who will not leave us.
The Lost haunt me.

The Lost haunt me.
Lord, my question is this:
What can I do
To heal their wounds, comfort their hearts, dry their tears –
How to lead them to You?
The Lost haunt me, Lord.
I know they haunt You, too.

2 comments:

  1. Roomie!! I had no clue you had a blog! -2 points for me for lack of observation! I always hoped you would start a blog and post all those beautiful thoughts that pour from your heart. :) I'm so glad you have.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're the one to blame! ;) I love you, Roomie! You have inspired me in many ways; this is just one of them. :)

    ReplyDelete